MARKETING COORDINATOR – MADISON, WI
Majestic Live, a Madison, Wis.-based independent concert promotion firm, is hiring a Marketing Coordinator for the Majestic Theatre.
Opportunity: We put on over 300 concerts and events every year, and it’s the role of the marketing coordinator to use design, social media, and email marketing to make sure each of these shows in put in the position to succeed (and hopefully sell out!). This is a high-pressure position with demands that often extend outside the confines of a typical 9-5 job. We are looking for someone who is willing to take this on with a fun, team-oriented attitude, and a willingness to rock and roll with all the punches along the way.
Qualifications: Candidates should be exceptionally tech savvy, with strong graphic design skills. Must be an early adopter of social media platforms, and have a strong understanding of how to use each to maximize concert promotion and generate a fear of missing out (good ole FOMO).
We pride ourselves in our social media voice and content and are looking for someone who is willing and excited to carry that torch. An understanding of how to communicate and target fan bases of different genres is imperative to the position — and a love for a broad spectrum of music and genres definitely aids in such.
Candidates should also have a firm understanding of email marketing as it pertains to both design and copy.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing social media for each platform on a daily basis
- Designing social media, web and print graphics with high quality and efficiency
- Building and maintaining all shows on the website (WordPress operated)
- Announcing and targeting shows on various social media platforms
- Developing campaign plans to further platform engagement and number of followers
- Creating copy and design for email blasts (Mailchimp operated)
- Initiating creative contesting and marketing ideas to drive awareness of shows
- Building relationships with local retailers and media partners
- Assisting the Marketing Director with tasks as needed
- Originating out-of-the-box marketing ideas
- Organizing and tracking necessary budgets for each show
This is a full-time salaried position. Benefits include health, dental and paid time off. Entry level candidates are encouraged to apply.
This is an opportunity to join a fun and growing team in a dynamic environment filled with people who are passionate about their jobs and about the business of live music.
Details on applying below, but before you do please make sure you meet the necessary requirements.
Required: proficiency in Photoshop (or other design programs) and a greater understand of web and print standards as it applies to design; experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram in a business setting.
Would be very cool, but not required: experience in Mailchimp (or other email marketing clients), copywriting, WordPress and Adobe After Effects (or other motion graphics programs)
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter, a graphic design sample, and your social handles to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls please.
Deadline to submit application: Wednesday, May 24, 2017